Monday, October 27, 2008

Kick the Habit Report


So I've been attempting to kick my bad sleep habit for about a week. And what a week it's been.

Monday night I went to bed at about 11:30; hubby was leaving the next morning for some work related travel, and was stressing about whether he had everything he needed all packed up. We went through the list of things that I usually forget (pyjamas!) and can't easily be bought if forgotten (the head to his electric toothbrush).
Tuesday--got up with hubby at 3:45 am. !! Saw him off at half past four and just couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed up. Not even sure I got much more done than usual that day. Dad is back home from overseas and his apartment is not quite ready for living in, so he is staying with me for the week. I think I went to bed by about 9:30.
Wednesday--up at about 7:30, to bed at about 10:30.
Thursday--same, not too bad.
Friday--bolted out of bed at 6:59 to the sound of the doorbell. Dad's friend Robert Sezak (D) is running to represent Fairfield/Skowhegan/etc. in the Maine Senate. They were going up to Jackman to campaign to all 6 people who live up there (one guy said he'd vote for him just for going up there, and another couple threatened to shoot him...) Got dad settled in his apartment so it was my first night home alone finally--so what did I do? Stayed up until 2:30 am sewing. I am a night owl at heart, I guess.
Saturday--slept till about 9:30, and was having my cup of tea when the doorbell rang. One of J-sun's coworkers had left his van in front of our house a week before when it broke down. He was coming to pick it up, but didn't realize J-sun wasn't home yet. So I threw on some clothes and followed him home, driving his nearly broken down van, then he gave me a ride home. Wasted a good hour and a half of my morning, but at least the van is gone, and I got to play with his foster kids a few minutes, plus his wife couldn't remember my name which made me feel infinitely better about never remembering her name. (Also, I've been having ethical arguments with myself about only doing the "minimum", and this was an opportunity to do more than the minimum. I'm sure I'll post about this soon.) Finally decided on a paint color for the living room and spent much of the day painting. I waited up for J-sun; he got home about 11:00 and I wasn't up much later than that.
Sunday--slept in, of course, until 9:30 again, and spent day finishing up paint in living room. In bed at 10.
Today-up at 7:15.

Weekly Assessment: Partially meets standard. Bed time is moving toward acceptable; major work needed on getting up in the morning!

Hopefully today I will have time to post a product review. I used FreshAire paint from HomeDepot and once I've finished the cleanup process I want to share my experience with this relatively new product.

No comments: