Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Play by Play of Home Improvement-10:35 am

10:35 am: I look out to see that they've started on the deck. We got barely enough decking to cover the deck and stairs, provided it was used properly. There were short pieces leftover that needed to be used as fillers at the end, rather than cutting down long pieces; several longer pieces needed to be used to make the stairs. Otherwise, there won't be enough continual linear footage for the stairs. I mention this to the two guys working. They nod their heads. Five minutes later I hear the contractor telling them exactly what I just told them, but in a slightly more urgent voice. I peek, and luckily they hadn't cut into one of the long boards. The contractor gives a little more advice and moves a few things around and I feel a little better about him.

No comments: