Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Deck

Here it is:
New Deck Complete

At least it's something that is done. I am trying to be positive. The decking material is a wonderful gift from J-sun's parents, worth hundreds of dollars. So generous.

Still gathering my thoughts about how to deal with the contractor. First thought on the top of my mind: Is anyone out there honest anymore? Do I have to push and prod to get fairness---why can't it be the standard? Is it because I'm a girl? I vented with a female friend and she said that really it doesn't matter how knowledgeable we make ourselves, if we continue to keep our vaginas they'll never listen to us. I'm not much of a feminist but on days like this I do wonder. Well...I am the one who is at home right now; my housewifery duties include dealing with the contractors. I think that is reasonable, so I will figure out how to deal with this, as well as how to keep from having to deal with it again.

No comments: