Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Play by Play of Home Improvement-12:00 pm the next day

Didn't hear from the contractor, but heard from my mother-in-law. She was at her father's (more or less an invalid) to mow the lawn--with the contractor, who apparently had some time on his hands. She called and asked "one of the doors was wrong?" and I said yes, that it wasn't what we wanted. She then talked, blah blah blah, then quoted the contractor as saying "well they don't have to worry about it, they're not gonna have to eat the door."

I wish the contractor had called to tell me this. When I talked to my MIL later in the day she asked if I was unhappy with the contractor, and I said I was reserving judgment. Since I hadn't been told yet what the deal was with the doors, nor had I been told how much he was charging me, I couldn't say yet whether I was satisfied. Which is true. She changed the subject rather than arguing, and I appreciated that.

No comments: