Friday, October 17, 2008

Play by Play of Home Improvement-Day 4

Still haven't heard from the contractor. Loving the new deck, and the new door is great---but it really is too high. J-sun decided he'd like it redone, and placed lower. This means basically re-installing the door. So when they come in November (although I haven't actually found out any more information from the contractor regarding that...) they'll basically be putting in two doors, and we'll have to pay them for a day's labor most likely. J-sun said this was fine with him; he wanted it done right.
To make myself feel better about all of it, I went shopping to look for fabric for new drapes and chose a new paint color for the room. It is yellow, and although it makes the room sunny and warm, I don't like yellow. It is the hardest color for your eyes to see, did you know that? Which is why you put it in a room where you want to be stimulated. This is our lounge-y room, kick-back-watch-TV-play-games room. We want to relax here, but I don't want the room to become cold (it is already -literally- a cold room, I don't want the colors to make it feel colder). So I selected a warm-hued light brown color, and am working on the accents now. The color card had a sage green with the brown, which would look great but I couldn't find a reasonably priced fabric anywhere. So I'll have to continue thinking about it.

No comments: